Bacon wrapped Asparagus with Hoisin

before they're grilled...I doubt I'll ever get a picture of them cooked...they are gone too fast!

I came across a picture I took of these recently...we've made this a few times now, and love it every time. Scott found this recipe, although I don't know where. It is delicious, simple and makes a few ingredients really go far and pops with flavor. We griddle these on a cast iron griddle, you could put them on the grill on foil too.

Make as many as you would like, but we find about 5 per person is perfect for a very generous appetizer

1 piece asparagus, tough end trimmed and cut in half,. Wrap with 1/2 piece bacon (even now I forget if its a half or a quarter piece...I think its a half!) Secure with toothpick through bacon and both pieces of asparagus. Grill or brown in med high skillet or on grill, turning to brown easily, till bacon is well browned. Spoon on a small bit (1/2 tsp?) of hoisin sauce, let it carmelize a little, turn, hoisin the other side, carmelize and serve! How I forgot to post this earlier I just don't know! Its very good...now to figure out a version of Tuttle's bacon wrapped, candied jalepeno stuffed quail...I think chicken thigh chunks will work...research!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf

Rice Pilaf Recipe