July 30 Chicken Lettuce Wraps

It is one of those nights that I could have just had a lovely cocktail (think vodka and really good berry juice with a splash of lime) and called it a night...but a night without dinner is not what Scott would think is lovely...so he suggested chicken lettuce wraps.  He went to the store for ingredients (as he does 9/10)  so how could I argue?  He even made me a cocktail and chopped all the vegies.  Well he really cooked the whole thing, with a tiny bit of tweeking from me.
Here are some onions and mushrooms sautéing.

Scott cutting some water chestnuts

ground chicken browning (we drained the extra liquid)

added all the vegies to the pan, with fresh basil and Yoshida's to taste ( here is the original recipe if you don't have Yoshida's

we didn't have crispy noodles, so Scott made croutons...I did not partake because I think it's crunchy enough...but they were tasty

all snuggled in a crispy piece of lettuce. Light, crunchy, savory and satisfying


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf