July 28 BLT sandwiches on crack


Scott proposed his idea for dinner while we were chillin' on the couch.  I was enduring teacher pro devel courses online while he was watching golf.  He cooked last night, me the night before...now for tonight.  He told me his idea and then I was reminded of the sandwich Adam Sandler made in Spanglish and showed him the video.  They were very similar.  Video of Thomas Keller best sammie ever.  So he started with bacon ( we had a stash in the freezer...as anyone should!)

but fueled by a must needed margarita..I was enduring CE courses after all...but to the fragrance of bacon

my bacon fat stash that remains in my fridge at all times.  it mostly goes in beans and chile verde...but I can't imagine throwing away bacon drippings...I was raised right!

See that hand sneaking in!  Five perfectly rendered pieces of thick cut bacon...the trick is to cook slowly to render the most fat and have a balance of crisp and chew.  Un-rendered bacon fat is repulsive...
terrible pic...but it's yummy.  pesto mayo

crisp lettuce, ham and chicken and monterey jack

sliced tomato

the best BLT ever...mine just had BLT plus cheese...Scott's had chicken & ham too.
all finished with a serving of dessert...from the other night (snicker doodle sundae)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf