9/5/11 Bacon, Potato & Basil Frittata & Pancakes

We've been so disappointed in the breakfast we've eaten out lately (we'd open a restaurant if we had the time)  So I pulled out Barefoot Contessa for some guidance...this is loosely based on hers in "Family Style"pg 182

1/2 stick butter (or less, because you'll have bacon fat :)
1 peeled tater, diced
3-4 eggs
American cheese...that's what we had in the fridge...but use any yummy cheese at least 1 lb if possible (less is fine)
1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, big handful of fresh chopped/torn basil (yay summer basil)
1/8 c (or so) of flour
1/2 (a hair less) of baking power
oven 350
fry bacon, set aside...fry taters (add fat if needed),
whisk eggs, stir in spices, flour, baking powder, herbs and cheese....whisk in melted 2 or so tbs butter.
Add to potato/bacon mixture in pan (oven safe) and put in oven for about 10 min...then check..may take longer..but don't over cook.

We did this again soon after...no taters, but added about a cup of creamed corn...sooooo yummy!

I made a half batch of my Aunties pancakes...but they were a bit dry...I need to practice and maybe try Alton's recipe too.  I'll post it if I can get it right...it's on the bookshelf right now and I'm all snugged comfy on the couch :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf