11.24.2010 Thanksgiving eve...pies & toffee

 It was time to bake pies for Thanksgiving, and I decided to make time to do it the night before...I have grown very weary of holiday cooking in recent years, but this year my joy was slowing becoming refreshed and renewed...these pies and the toffee I made the night before are the first evidence that Santa & his elves are beginning their magic on me again :)
pre-baked pie crust for pecan pie...not sure if I needed to, but I followed the directions
roasted chopped pecans for pecan pie, of course (I burned the first batch...oops)

the beginning of the filling for the pecan pie...butter melting is always a good beginning

pecan pie filling



egg beaten, ready to be added to the mixture...do notice the Shiner that is in my chilled glass...a girl needs reinforcements for baking pies for the holidays!

ready for the oven

toffee! I had made it the night before, just one batch (about 4.5lbs)

Opal's pumpkin pie, ready for the oven, mine & Mom's favorite


fresh from the oven


fresh from the oven

pies done!...although next time I want to do tartlets, especially for the pecan...the left over ones can be frozen!  And they'll be so cute!  I am hopeful I'll have the energy for Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf