Emptying out the fridge and leftovers 9.11/12.09


fixin's for the chile
we ate leftovers of the chile verde last nite, but upon the recommendation of my brillant brother, added tomato sauce that  had some earl campbell sausage in it we had leftover from dinner two nites before.  As Scott says "when is earl campbell ever a bad idea?"  It was still hotter than the surface of the sun but a little better than last nite.  We enjoyed it none the less, being thankful that God gave both of us the tolerance and enjoyment of capsasin....or however you spell the word that means CHILE HEAT!  We could not serve this to most guests...but we enjoy it for just the two of us...although my brother and dad would love it too...and various other relatives that have ethic taste-buds flowing in their tongue.

We heated up broccoli potato soup that I had frozen from months ago.  Adding a few shrimp to Scotts (my man needs his protein)  and some cheese tortellini.  I am determined to use up the contents of my fridge and freezer before we leave here!

Apple pie...had lots of apples hanging around....it was okay, just made with frozen pie crusts...not the greatest...but it kept me busy for the afternoon baking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf