Bacony Pork tenderloin & pilaf 10.2.09


"TGIF"...I see that on Facebook all the time..and find it hard to relate...I have to think back to those 9-5 days.  Friday nite is often just like any other...staying at home, hanging out, cooking with Scott.  I often forget what day of the week it is.  Not to make it sound anti-climactic...just the opposite.  We've worked for ourselves for many years, and so often made our own work schedule, that any day of the week can be fun!  I don't look forward to (or dread) any particular day of the week like I have when I worked a 9-5 job...I do remember counting down the minutes until the work day was over.  There are certainly days & nites when we are working & it seems everyone else is "having fun"...but I have to find ways to "own" my time in such a way that I don't dread the hours...even if it is at a 9-5 job. It's a challenge to do so, but certainly much better for my spirit...not to mention I don't have as many acid reflux attacks from not being so stressed counting the hours.  I know there are more of those 9-5 days ahead...time to get my mind and spirit in a place of "ownership" of my own time.  Well, back to the food...

Well the nite happened to be Friday and we had a beautiful pork tenderloin in the fridge that Scott had perfectly grilled the nite before.  It was juicy and pink.  We'd made our own asian marinade, which was okay...we were missing our favorite Yoshida's.  But the pork was awesome anyway.  I don't remember what we served it with last nite, but tonight it was with a yummy, bacony, basil sauce served over our favorite rice pilaf...the sauce is listed another another post on here for "bacon chix"...and the pilaf is on here too.



It's so satisfying to make a delicious dinner, when you were just trying to "make it happen" with what was in the kitchen.  When money is tight, its sometimes tough to "stay in" when you really don't want to cook and you want to leisurely eat out at a restaurant...but we've realized that the more we cook, and the better we get at cooking "on the fly", the less we miss eating out, or even care to eat out.  We'd rather eat our own cooking.  It makes "going out" even that much more special...and we don't waste our time or money on places that don't serve at least as good a quality of meals that we could cook ourselves.  I love the quote "The more you know, the less you need"...an old Aboriginal quote.  It is so true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf