Labor Day Weekend...Costco Lasagna nite with family & housesitting 9.6.09



Views from the McRanch, where we were housesitting...it was stormy, but the views are spectacular!

We are house sitting for friends...its labor day weekend...family is coming for dinner...and I don't want to cook.  Mikey, Amanda and Logan are coming out to spend the night Sunday nite.  Costco lasagna to the rescue!  Just take off the wrapper and pop in the oven!  I am making fresh garlic bread...but that's not cooking...just assembly.  My hands smell all garlicky...which is a great aroma to go with the baking lasagna.  We'll add a simple romaine salad with our favorite vinaigrette or with Ranch dressing...to each his own.  I only wish that I would have clipped some fresh basil when I was home watering my plants today... I'm looking forward to time with family and no kitchen work...its vacation!  We got yummy Costco cookies too...the combo pack of chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and macadamia nut white chocolate chip (Scott's fav)  Mikey brought left over veal bolegnese sauce he'd made the night before, which we used to top off our lasagna!  It was so good!


Here's little Logan taking a bath in the sink...with his Momma watchin' close by...LOVE my family.


I love Costco!  We also got 4 + lbs of pork tenderloin of which we'll use half to make our first "fall" batch of New Mexico Chile Verde!  I brought almost the entire contents of my fridge and freezer out to our friends house.  It was a great opportunity to use up ingredients and get a fresh start in on groceries at home. We'll be house sitting for almost 3 weeks, and we are out in the country, so cooking up already purchased ingredients sounded inspiring, fun and frugal all at once!  I have two pounds of roasted chiles calling my name in the fridge.  But I needed a brief break...hence the Costco lasagna.  Every girl needs a break from the kitchen to renew her inspiration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf