Hatch Chile Guacamole, Tacos with sauteed onion & hatch chiles 8.26.09



3 small avocados
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp franks hot sauce
2 tsp sour cream
1 and 1/2 roasted hatch chiles dices
1/2 lime

I found a recipe online for chile guacamole, which I haven't made, but sounds very good...These are not my notes, but the person who posted this:

"I made half a batch of this for New Year's Eve and it is delicious! My Hatch peppers were fairly spicy so this has a bite. Use less fajita seasoning than it calls for as it is too salty to use the full amount. I used about 5 large garlic cloves for half a batch and at least 1/4 cup cilantro, I just added it to taste.
Green Chile Guacamole
2 - 8 oz. blocks cream cheese
1 large garlic pod
handful of cilantro leaves
1 or more pounds hatch chiles- roasted.
2 tablespoons or more to taste fajita seasoning.(use less, too salty)

Take most of char off chile peppers , remove seeds and stem. put all ingredients in a food processor and process until it looks, or resembles guacamole( couple minutes).
Serve with your best chips or crackers. No one can stop eating this stuff!! make lots!!
Recipe submitted by:
C. Walton
Abilene, Texas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf