Toffee...aka "crack"

4.5 lbs of fresh made toffee...still warmAlmond Toffee...oh the smell in the house when toffee is on the stove. Although I can't print the recipe...ancient family secret you understand:) This is a family tradition for the holidays and is my standing gift to have on hand for Christmas. If you dare the adventure of boiling hot 300 degree sugar and butter...just google recipes for toffee that have only 4 ingredients...thats my hint to find an equal toffee. Simple ingredients and so yummy. This recipe is from my maternal grandmother and the women in the family have been making it for many years. My mom taught me and selling it paid for many Christmas' over the years. My hubby can even make it now. We have made hundreds maybe even thousands of lbs of this toffee. The toffee and our pilaf recipe are the most precious family recipes I have inherited...they've brought the most comfort and pleasure for certain.I made some again this year for a local business to give as corporate gifts and they turned out really pretty. Last week we had friends over for dinner and I made ghiradelli brownies (just their box mix), with extra chocolate chips and crushed at least a lb of this toffee and baked it into the top of them. They were the best brownies we've ever had!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf