'08 cocktail of choice...or necessity:(


I took a picture of my latest cocktail of choice...or rather the empty martini glass I drank it in...it sounds really sexy and all but alas its just alka seltzer...or even worse, generic alka seltzer that I drink out of a martini glass. its sad but true that i have had to drink way too much alka seltzer this last few years. not because of the food we've been cooking but because i eat too damn much of it and other junk. the martini glass was the right size and within eazy reach...and seemed to make the whole idea of gluttony less tragic. it makes me laugh at myself a little. i've been on weight watchers for 3 weeks now and my desire it to eat the food i want a.k.a. croissants, hot chocolate, mexican food, corn dogs...seriously, wine, d.c., butter, pasta, braised meat, dark chocolate, fritos as well as the vegis and fruits i love and still be the weight that isn't going to kill me. i'm trying not to get stuck in the trap of lowfat this and that...i just don't buy into that any more. i'd rather eat 1 good croissant than 4 slices of 'lite' bread toasted with low fat "spread", or 1 oz of dark chocolate than 3 low fat pudding pops...so far so good...7 lbs. and hopefully i'll have a cosmo in that martini glass instead of alka seltzer. as julia said...everything in moderation. that's my hope and prayer for my eating life...joy in my food without the indigestion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf