7 Cheese Lasagna

We made this back in December...the 12th. We were jonesing for a great lasagna and after perusing food network site settled on Paula Deen's. I remember watching her make it on her show years back... how can you forget someone putting cream cheese in their lasagna?! Well, we made it together and it does really have 7 cheeses in it...although that's not her name for it. We made the full recipe which is enough to feed an army...can I say "leftovers". We shared some with dad and "e" a few days later and then did indeed have decadent leftovers. This would be great with a simple green salad with my balsamic dressing...and of course a glass of wine. We have discovered a wine that we enjoy so much it has been deemed our "house wine". We aren't really wine aficionados to say the least...we are about as ignorant about wine as can be...but we know what we like... and its all for 2.97 a bottle! Oak Leaf...we've only tried the Merlot and Cabernet and the verdict seems to be the Merlot is the favorite...although I don't think I can tell the difference yet. They won awards for their white wines...either the Chardonnay or something else. Anyway I am quite proud to say I drink 2.97 wine from Walmart...what is greater than good food and wine that is affordable enough to have everyday! Walmart makes this wine so I don't know if its available anywhere else...but it is my new "favorite thing" See foodnetwork.com for Paula Deen's lasagna recipe...just look for the one with cream cheese! It is so good my mouth is watering and I ate it a month ago!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf