2016 July-Aug, Summer Vacation to Grandma's, Grand Canyon, Alaska Cruisin', Vegas, Bellagio Fountai

Why doesn't every convenience store have these?
On the road for our two week Summer vacation...must get my Diet Coke...first to Arizona, spending the night in Flagstaff

Love me some Jimmy Johns

Amazing Burrito at this joint.
Used a gift card from my student gifts for ice cream!

On our way to Boulder City to see the Grand Canyon...stopped at this cute place on Route 66 for breakfast.
Brewery in Boulder City & Hoover Dam Museum Tour while we are killing time.
Shandy





Grand Canyon helicopter tour before we head to Vegas.  It was windy & HOT..like walking into an oven.
First time staying at the Bellagio...expensive, but a bucket list thing for me.  I LOVE those fountains.  I sat in front of that huge window and watched them for two days...they had the music playing on the t.v. to match the fountains.  I was in HEAVEN...so much so we stayed two nights instead of one.
View from our room.
Drinks at the bar overlooking the fountains at the Bellagio...they were DELICIOUS!


Bellagio Buffet...not as good as we remember.
Exploring Vegas.
Wanna $5.00 Coke?
Off to Emeril's sports bar for dinner.  So fun!





Gelato at the Bellagio..a nostalgic dessert from trips to Vegas years ago.
Breakfast at the patisserie at the Bellagio...heavenly.

My almond croissant.
Scott's mushroom egg crepe.
Now off to Grandma's in Reedley, CA...my dad's hometown.
..her yummy creamy chicken chile enchilada's..with all the amazing food we eat on the road her's is ALWAYS the BEST.
Salad with dressing she's deemed Sisa Dressing..it's my mom's chinese chicken salad dressing.  Equal parts vinegar, sugar & oil with a pinch of salt and dashes of sesame oil.  It is so delicious.  She's written Sisa on the bottle of an old dressing bottle.
Valley peaches
Off to Three Rivers, CA to visit my Auntie...at her new house
recipe for lamb.
She had a huge dinner planned, not realizing we were just coming by to visit. :(  I felt so bad!
Off to my Uncle's in Fresno for a tri tip family BBQ
My cousin & my uncle's wife.
The family chowing down after we went swimming.
Uncle Steve, Candie & us.
Cucumbers from Grandma's garden.
Oranges growing for the Winter harvest.
Off to Klamath Falls, Oregon, my birthplace.
Waited forever for dinner, but our waitress was sweet and food was pretty good.
Grandma's Ranger cookies.
Off to Eugene, OR for Breakfast...so delicious.

In Seattle for the night before boarding the ship...first time with these cookies...yummy...then off for a swim.
Security confiscated our Booze!  Then gave it back?
After cruising and visiting Alaska, (lots of yummy cruise food) our last stop was in Victoria BC...this was a local place serving local produce....yum.
Mojito
A burger...they only serve them well done :( and chicken pot pie...we shared.
Adorable place.  Best Summer Vacation Ever

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf