8.29.13 pork chops & savory apple sauce, roasted potatoes, bacony green beans

I don't know if I wrote this recipe down…but it was insane!  Scott made it up (the sauce)…I hope I did write it down.   Hold on a minute…. I thought I had seen in the kitchen the other day and guess what?... I found it.  I am so impressed with myself!  I usually have to pester Scott to give me his recipes (because he thinks he'll remember them all, HA!)  So I'm sure this was given under duress (me nagging him)
So here goes…
Pork chops with sautéed apples
s&p, and garlic powder to season chops, grill or saute in pan, or George Foreman it
sauce: 1 small gala apple, diced
1/4 (cup) honey, I put cup…but not sure if it's 1/4 cup or 1/4 TBS (try less first)
2 TB vinegar
pinch salt
1/2 pinch red pepper flakes
2TBS sauteed onion
cooked for 1 hr or so on low

Green beans: cooked in bacon fat then covered for 9 min (crisp bacon first)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf