9.4.10 Labor Day BBQ at the Griggs

As very happy guests of our friends the Griggs...we brought a bean salad as entry to partake in eatting Shane's award winning meat!  Oh, it was soooo good, we had mac n cheese, baked beans, and Lilly's flan! Do die for...Scott made our salad while I was painting toes...he did a great job!  But don't ask him about having to hull two cans of garbanzo beans...or as he calls them "gazambo" beans.  Oh, he always makes me laugh.
Here is my Auntie's 7 Bean Salad recipe.  It was so pretty, although I don't think I took a pic...
The dressing recipe on the card was way too salty......but once it was adjusted, perfect!  Scott did add the raw onion, and once it marinated in the dressing it was fine...but I still might leave it out.  Who needs a stinky armpit in their salad?  It's a beautiful salad too, and is better if left overnight, so great to bring to a party!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf