Snow & Spiced Baked Taters 12.29.09

BBQ Baked Taters
Mom ended up in the hospital from 12.19.09 till late Christmas day...so Christmas was all about banding together as a family to "survive the day"...not very festive, but purposeful, if not very exhausting.  We (Scott & I) were also sick during the whole break (me a week before even) with sinus infections...miserable...so I don't really know what we ate...I didn't eat much while sitting in the hospital room with mom...focused more on her eatting well and me surviving the stress.  And I was so ready to have a joyful Christmas...well, there were things to be thankful for, but joy wasn't something I experienced.  I imagine that was mostly due to my lack of perspective, but it is what it is. 
you can see the snow flakes in this pic
Well, we were blessed with a lot of snow (and Daddy being home for several days!) during Christmas and this night was one of them...we made spiced (paprika, sugar and salt?) baked taters, topped with something yummy tho now I don't remember what...probably bbq shredded chix or something equally yum.  The recipe for the rub on the taters was from our new cookbook by the Neely's from dad as a Christmas give....it was delicious!  we also sat on the porch and watched the snow fall with a spiked hot chocolate...a little caramel Bailey's added a kick.
view from our balcony of the Green building...a "white" Christmas, second snow of the week
views from our balcony, this of the front entrance, facing South
of the West facing view...Merry Christmas
Also reminded by our pics that our sweet Tex McNeely was over for a sleep over with us...we love him so...him sleeping on the couch, hiding his eyes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf