chix soup & guacamole open faced sandwiches 1.8.10


my bowl of soup, with a few bits of my toast torn in and topped with parmesean
been busy and Scott's been doing most of the cooking...my turn to ante up...so while he was napping I made a batch of our easy chix soup, with a few tweeks...added one diced sweet tater...a chunk of pesto...made sure to render down the tomatos a bit...and used two chix breasts we had left over from night before...Delicious!...and a nice surprise for my honey who deserved a break from cooking.

Also, we've been eating a toast inspired by Alton Brown: he made a toast topped with mashed avocado and lightly marinated sardines...which Scott enjoys...so I made up a variation...a toast (drizzled with a bit of olive oil and toasted in the oven), and tonight topped with a bit of pesto, then avocado which was dressed with a little balsamic, then thin sliced tomato, drizzled with a bit of my balsamic dressing, then a few shavings of fresh parmesean...oh so devine!  We've been eating this like crazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf