Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016

A lot of these pics are backwards...but you get the idea.We've cooked so many things since my last post....I've been busy eating it all, but busy posting for my classroom blog.  This food has fueled all the creative energy I need for my little munchkins at school.  Thanks to everything man, I'm well fed.
I think this is chunks of ham?  No, I think left over BBQ pork chops....Found the below notes on a previous draft for this post "It's Sunday nite, 1.24.16.  Chile Verde mise has been done...and it smells like chicken broth in my home.  Scott's watching football with a Corona in hand.  We had a great weekend and now it's time to rest up and wind up the weekend for work tomorrow.  I can't believe it's already more than half way through the school year...it goes by faster and faster.  And I love every minute."

Frozen sautéed onions we keep on hand.
roasted poblanos, garlic...I see verde in my future.
Cumin, chile powder, masa
Dipping sauce for bang bang shrimp.  1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 cup sweet chile sauce, 4-5 squirts hot chile sauce (Siracha)

Coconut shrimp

my favorite salsa
beef fajitas!
Down at the grill
Pork Sirloin...we use these for everything.

Getting ready for the next meal...always.  Scott's adorable misenplace.
How to cut an orange properly.  A friend asked me, so I did I photo tutorial to text her.  These are oranges from my Grandma's trees in California....my grandma and great uncle taught me how to do this.



Sweet tater fries in the making.
Lasagna?
I take pics of recipes I see in magazines when I'm in waiting rooms.


I come around the corner and he's sitting on the floor watching his masterpiece cook....it cracked me up!  I think our Prime Rib?
Prime Rib rubbed in marinade.
Corner of happiness.
Ready for the grill

Toffee making for the holidays.  Gifts for our friends.  I almost got in big trouble for not making this.


Bubbling away!  

Roasted ground almonds


Thousands of these grocery lists are made each year....sticky notes are a favorite.
Beef dips with left over steak...amazing.

Caesar salad
Scott's fish and chip with homemade tartar sauce.
He is a fry master.
Catfish heaven.
Garlic roasted taters and steak
One of fav nights out.
Scott making fresh green bean casserole for Christmas.




A beautiful sight.




Our families favorite curry chicken.








Chicken and waffles make me happy.  Sat/Sun morning brunch with Everything Man.
Brunch in downtown McKinney at The Pantry.


Taco's or Fajitas?  Who cares...Yum!
Bridal shower with my school peeps...I love these ladies.
Jabba wanting to see what we are doing.
It was a bridalette party....so of course we did bra pong!  Elegance with a tiny sprinkle of naughty ;)
Pickle PPs
Fruit kabob PPs...thank you pinterest.
Mikey's chocolate fountain.
Video: me trying to get it running right...the trick is to prime it by turning it off and on a few times...and start it at least and hour before the party.
Mikey's artichoke dip.
3/4 Cup Mayo
1 Cup Parm (recipe calls for canned kind)
15 oz can in water artichokes, drained and finely chopped
1 TBS parsley flakes
Mix all together well and bake 350 for 30 minutes
To fill the half sheet pan above...quadruple recipe and cook until bubbly...maybe 45 min-hour?
Serve with slices of baguette or crackers.  It's amazing!
Whiskey...one of my fav drinks.
Scott's mango salsa...an appetizer he whipped up :)
Hiiiii YA!  A smudge on a door in our building...cracks me up.

Ina's cheesy potatoes





Beef cream gravy for steak....gilding the lily for sure.
Chicken Marsala and pilaf....HEAVENLY!  One of my new favorites from Everything Man.  We ate it two nights in a row it was so good.
Recipe:
Thin chicken breasts (2 cut in half), s&p, then lightly flour, pat off excess, brown on both sides in a little evoo & butter, set aside
1-2 lbs Mushrooms, sliced & caramelized in evoo & butter in same pan as chicken, add 1 tsp chopped garlic at very end so it doesn't burn
Deglaze with 1 Cup Marsala wine & 1/4 Cup Sherry (we had cream sherry on hand) and reduce by 25% then add 1 Cup Chicken Stock (good quality).  Add fresh herbs, chives, parsley, optional.
Serve over pilaf, noodles...cardboard, it won't matter.
Buttery toasted bread with pork pot roast.  Devine and simple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf

Rice Pilaf Recipe