creamy chix enchiladas 11.6.09




This was a few days after the marvelous mushroom bacon mac n cheese, which is making my mouth water just writing those words.  As I write this it is the day after Thanksgiving, Scott just left for the grocery store for dinner ingredients (we ate at my parents with my brothers etc, and all the left overs were GONE!)  I figured it was time to catch up before the month rolled over....and now I'm getting really hungry!  Well one of us had the idea to use the left over cheese from the mac n cheese, as well as the bacon and 'shrooms.  We mixed all the ingredients together for the filling, the cheeses, sauteed 'shrooms, crisped bacon and a little of the cheese sauce.  Scott got very fresh corn tortillas, which we lightly fried (I think), but equally they can be heated in a little damp paper towel in the microwave, layered a little sauce on the bottom of the stoneware baking dish, then rolled the enchiladas, topped with sauce and baked about 30-45 min in a 375 oven, if I remember correctly.  The ingredients and recipe is almost identical to the mac n cheese, just substitute tortillas for the pasta...DELICIOUS...oh, and I'm now recalling that we might have had some shredded chix in the mix too.  In my opinion, the mac n cheese is better, but this was ridiculously rich and good.  We served it with a dollop of cold sour cream...nice contrast.  A green salad would have been a nice balance...didn't happen tho.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf