12.25.2011 Christmas feast with family

Christmas Menu:
Mikey's Kentucky Fried Turkey
Honey Baked Ham
Scott's Garlic Mashed Taters & gravy
Lyssy's stuffing
Paula's green bean casserole
Marie Calendar's Chocolate Silk Pie
Opal's Toffee..a.k.a. "crack"

My brother carving his turkey...he is a genius with any meat cookery...he rubbed herbed butter under the skin and sprinkled some sort of deliciousness on the outside...it may have been magic...then deep fried it for 45 minutes.  The outside was like the best KFC original recipe skin ever...then the inside was juicy and herby...so stinking awesome!  I think he'll be selling them next year...so place your orders early!  I'm not kidding.
Dad gilded the Lilly by adding some fresh made crispy bacon bits to Scott's already divine mashers

green bean casserole and dressing
toffee...she was a bit shy for the camera...she is prettier than this...I don't think I even ate one piece...I make it and then get out of the way of the stampede....and all that is left are crumbs...by the time we went home I couldn't even find this bowl...everyone had taken their stash and the last bit was hidden somewhere in the house by Erich. No the recipe is not forthcoming...my mother would disown me...or at least make my life miserable if I told...not joking in the slightest.

It was a blessed Christmas...we were together, had fun cooking together, laughing and eating together...it is rarely a Norman Rockwell scene...but a family Christmas none the less.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf