March & April 2011

brushcetta?  how do you spell that...too lazy to look up..with parma ham, sauteed shrooms, herb cream cheese, seared tuna & parmesean chicken...topped with jalepeno jelly

I don't feel I've had much of a life lately...as I don't really consider my work my "life", even though I am blessed to serve in what ever capacity God places me...but I really feel that when I don't have time to engage with my husband, family and myself properly...how can you call that a life?...I'm going through a season of un-balance, that must end at some point...can't keep burning the candle at both ends and hold a flame under the middle of it...
that said...I haven't been writing much lately...about my passions...food, gardening, books, love...the Lord...and I certainly haven't cooked much lately...and now Scott's so busy he's not cooking much either...it makes me sad
but....
here are some of the things we did cook  in March and April...so we won't forget :)
Matt Martinez's world famous queso from the one cook book we have of his...this is last meal good...homemade queso with browned ground beef and guacomole added in for good measure...AMAZING.

Seared tuna that was used to make the plate of food in the very top pic...bruscetta gone wild

Scott's coconut shrimp

my ez chix soup with homemade croutons...one of my favorite meals

parmesean seared chix with pilaf and tomatos & balsamic

homemade pizza...with our rosemary dough

pan fried chimichangas with poblano chile verde filling/topping

sauteed mushrooms and asparagus to go with our surf & turf

boiled our first whole live lobster...felt dangerous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf