10.9.10 Birthday Eve Ravioli Lasagna


Frozen Ravioli Lasagna topped with fresh basil
It's the eve of my 37th birthday...I'm ambivalent about the bday part (although I generally love bdays...just feeling I should "be" more by 37 than I am)....anyway...time to decide on dinner, and since I'm married to a man who likes "DINNER"...not "dinner"...Lasagna was the decision...but a simple version I've heard/read about for a while...made with ravioli.  We're using frozen cheese & beef ones...so we'll see.  They are in the oven right now...have been for 40 mins.. first at 350, which was promptly change to 425..then 375...now up to 400...a little experimentation going on. I think another 10 min at 400 and it will be time to take off the foil and brown for 10 min while the bread cooks...
jarred sauce, with 1 lb browned/seasoned beef, a large dollop of sour cream, and a knob of pesto from the freezer


the sauce smeared on the first layer

about 6 oz of fontina and maybe a bit more of provolone, shredded...gifts from the freezer

frozen ravioli...used about 3/4 of each

first sauce, then ravioli, then cheese, then ravioli, sauce and finally cheese
ready for the oven, once I top it with foil

the finished YUM!
I grew up LOVING birthdays...because of my mother.  She has always made a BIG deal of birthday's...which I am so thankful for.  I also remember my dad coming to school and putting multicolored helium balloons on each desk, with a big bouquet of them at mine in the 5th grade...I'll never forget that...

But they have lost some luster, which I am intent on reigniting eventually (soon)...maybe it's because we don't have kids, which would make it more fun, and Scott didn't grow up with bday's being a big deal (although he's gotten on the "Eaton" bandwagon, tears and all when I surprised him for this 40th with a party, including his brother, mother and sis-in-law!) 
I am just so disappointed in myself...that I haven't made a better effort to become a mother, get in shape, shape a career, inspire my husband, share Christ with others...I could have done so much more...and am overwhelmed at the conviction I should do more for the next 37+...it will only be by the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ that the next years yield more fruits of His Holy Spirit.

I've been working on the computer almost all day...getting the bills/bank acct in order as I've ignored it for many many weeks...brutal!  Then picked up and delivered my baby bro home from a surgical procedure for his injured back...faced with the desperation of our families needs/dysfunctions...it drains me...but oh how I love each one of them so deeply...tears well up as I even type and think of my love for them.  I just long for victory, peace, joy and love in their lives.

I will wake up and go to church tomorrow on 10.10.10...(wishing I was on an exotic vacation for my big bday on 10.10.10)...go get flowers for my momma (my favorite bday tradition)...work on my bday cake (yes I bake my own...no one offers (such a martyr), but also I like my OWN baking the best:)  and then have dinner (prob Papa Murphy's Pizza and my cake) with my family...then Monday I will spend with Scott and time alone (my favorite gift)...I might even get to see my Daddy tomorrow...we'll see.  Looking forward to seeing LoLo too.

I can smell lasagna in the other room...Gladiator is on the tv in the bedroom where I type (so inspired by this movie..." On my signal...Unleash Hell!"...love it)

37 years ago my Momma was just hours away from meeting her first born...and I was hours away from starting this life...I hope one day to be in her place...waiting on my first born...and hope my children will love me like I love her.

time to eat!  Scott's plate always looks the best :)

Well...its' time to eat :)
It turned out Deeeelicious!!!!  Happy Birthday Eve to me:)


Comments

Works said…
I must amend my bday cake comment...my precious hubby DID offer to make me a cake...but agreed it might taste better if I did it :) It was Yummy...chocolate almond with almond cream cheese frosting and salted toasted almonds on top.

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf