2.28.10...i smell bacon


g.i jane is on the tv...its sunday nite, wine in my glass and I SMELL BACON. does it get any better? no. we're making, collectively, the two of us, seafood pasta primavera. we have a bunch of great vegies in the fridge that need to be used, then add delicious crab and shrimp from Costco, and a homemade cream sauce...viola...pasta primavera ala the works'. i don't even have the sunday nite blues...life is too good tonight for that. how can anything be "blue" when it smells this good? i have freshly planted flowers on my deck, chimes singing in the cool (almost) spring breeze and a handsome hubby cooking my dinner! life is good, God is Good.
I just asked my honey if he needed any help..and amidst the sounds of him stirring his sauce he replied "nope, actually I'm in cooking heaven"...oh what a precious reply...like I said...life is good.
p.s. i smell bacon because Scott declared that it was blasphamous to not have a little bacon in our sauce...oh so true.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf