Stuffed Center-cut pork chops

Scott bought porkchops for us when he got the ingredients for the shrimp last nite...he brined them all last nite and today...I'll have to find his brine recipe later. Today he pounded them thin, I cut a pocket in them with Papa Carl's filet knife and stuffed them with the mushrooms & onion he'd sauteed in butter, s&p with shredded Gruyere....he's going to bread them with flour, egg and panko, then pan fry and we'll top with extra sauteed onion, mushroom and Gruyere. I'll make some pilaf and we decided to make a tomato salad with balsamic vinagrette . We needed dessert too of course...so he went out for Pralines' and Cream...I'm sure Blue Bell. The kitchen smells so good:) Hope he's home soon....The picture reminded me that we had sliced tomato with balsamic dressing and fresh basil...accidentally over seasoned these chops cause I forgot about the brine and added extra salt before Scott breaded...otherwise a very successful chop:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf