Thanksgiving...in two kitchens & the new wing tradition


whipped cream...thank goodness for the kitchen aid mixer

I honestly was ready to completely bow out of Thanksgiving this year...actually I tried to. Last year was rough...really rough... although the food was the best ever...Scott cooked the "full enchilada" last year. Well this year, even though we were in the middle of moving, Scott decided to cook a simple meal and invited a few family and friends to come over...so I ended up getting in the spirit... a little. We did a turkey breast instead of a big turkey, a small ham, Scott's dressing/stuffing, gravy and friends brought some other stuff.
Scott's chicken stuffing...we always make too much:)
Oh, I'm exhausted thinking about the cooking involved in the holidays....I am thankful for Scott, or I would have eaten pizza in the bed, in the dark...no kidding. Although I must admit, I've grown tired the the "holiday meal". A big pot of chili would have been just fine...more than fine with me. I'm thinking about doing just that for Christmas and ordering local tamales too. Yum. Oh, the two kitchens in the title is because we cooked the ham in our old apt, where we were moving from, and the turkey in our new apt...it worked perfectly:) the wings before they were glazed with teriyaki
The new wing tradition is this...we ate homemade chicken wings the night before Thanksgiving. Scott made homemade gravy with chicken wings the night before (since we were only cooking a breast the next day) and so we glazed the wings (after he used them to flavor the stock) in Yoshida's teriyaki and ate them with crispy oven fries....they were so yummy. I think next time we'll do 'em spicy with hot sauce...but the teriyaki was delicious.

the gravy...in it's infant stage...all the "bits" getting ready to be roasted

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roasted Cauliflower & Mushroom Risotto

Rice Pilaf Recipe

Chicken Marsala & Pilaf